Even without access to customers’ homes there are steps to maintain pest maintenance. Certainly nothing replaces getting access to a commercial or residential account. However, pest maintenance helps you bridge the gap. Undoubtedly, this shows your customers value once access returns.
6 Pest Maintenance Tips to Service Accounts
- Provide glue boards to your customers along with instructions on where to place them. Hot spots include kitchen sinks, attached garages or basements. Not only does this help ward off unwanted invaders, you now have a blueprint for how to service once you have access. Pro tip – if you have extra office time get started with private labeling. Here is an article on some of the benefits of private labeling: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/private-label-pest-products-your-marketing-secret-weapon/
- Conduct a thorough exterior inspection. Let your inspection dictate your schedule to systematically address identified issues either immediately or over time. Even if your customers do not move forward right away it provides a road map for continued service when things eventually return to business as usual. Perform proactive exclusion services. Here is an article that identifies some external hot spots: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/top-5-areas-for-exclusion-around-the-home/
- Consider your exterior trapping options. Use weatherproof snap traps like our 605 Easy Set Snap Traps in bait or trapping stations around the perimeter of homes to head off pests. Additionally, our 611 Dual Action Twin Catch is a great tool to install in sheds and attached garages. The trap heads off both crawling insects & unwanted rodents.
Don’t Forget the Mosquitoes!
- Offer Mosquito Services. Install and monitor our Ovi-Catch Mosquito Trap around your client’s property as well as treating exterior landscaping with Final Feed Mosquito Bait. If you are new to offering mosquito services here is an article for getting started: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/get-in-the-game-of-mosquito-control-with-a-dynamic-mosquito-reduction-program/
- Even if you can’t offer mosquito services that doesn’t mean you can’t help your customers get ready for the season. Here is a shareable article with some steps they can take for getting their yard ready: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/10-mosquito-prevention-tips-for-your-yard/
- Consider offering fly trapping products like SilenTrap and GloStik to your customers. These fly products are great to use in homes, especially now when the weather is turning nice and doors and windows are open. Both products are small, portable, economically priced and work great at removing flying pests that that make their way in with the fresh air. Additionally, both have replaceable glue boards that require changing all season long.
Undoubtedly, nothing replaces a thorough inspection as part of your IPM plan. However, even without a thorough internal inspection there are plenty of steps you can take to keep lines of communication open with your customers. Building up goodwill can go a long way once business returns to normal.
Pest Maintenance – Additional Resources
Get more content like this daily when you follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/catchmasterPRO/
Sign up for our mailing list here: https://catchmasterpro.com/join-email/
Learn more about mosquitoes from the National Pest Management Association here: https://www.pestworld.org/pest-guide/mosquitoes/