If you are a pest control organization that would like to get in the game of mosquito management it can be tough to know where to start – that is why we compiled this list of top target markets for your mosquito service. The key is to remember look beyond your usual current customer base. There are some unique niches that are in need of mosquito control. Consider the following targets:
7 Top Target Markets for Your Mosquito Service
- Residential, single family homes – upsell mosquito control to your current pest management contracts. A good target is a single-family home, with higher income and those with children or pets. Homes with a water feature like a small pond or lake nearby, pool or a hot tub. Be sure to also target those who use their outdoor spaces often. In addition, consider customers that have a deck or patio. They will be particularly vulnerable to mosquitoes.
- Communities with retention basins and ponds – apartment complexes, condo associations and homeowner associations often times have shared ponds or retention basins. Communities with these features need mosquito control services. Contact the property manager or homeowner association to be considered for a proposal.
- Landscapers, pool companies and other outdoor service companies – consider targeting other service companies who do work on lawns and landscapes. Oftentimes they are asked to do mosquito work but will look to sub work out or recommend another local mosquito company. Consider targeting those types of companies and build a partnership.
- Businesses who offer outdoor venues – any business with an outdoor space for their clients to enjoy is in need of mosquito protection. Some businesses like local event halls and restaurants may want to protect their clients from the annoyance of mosquitoes. In addition, schools, daycares, nursing homes and health-care facilities have medical reasons to protect their clients.
- Wedding and event planners – consider forming relationships with event planners. Attending wedding shows and networking with planners will help to keep your service top of mind when clients are considering mosquito control for their events.
- Municipal mosquito control – while mosquito control districts often do mosquito control work using licensed employees there may be times they will not be able to keep up with the need for treatment and may need support. Consider forming a relationship with the decision maker within the municipalities to be on-call for overflow work as needed.
- Tire retailers and auto shop – tires make for a perfect breeding spot for mosquitoes as they capture and hold rain and other water. These businesses are in need of your service. In fact, they may even be mandated by law to control mosquitoes if nearby homes or businesses are experiencing a mosquito problem.
As you can see the top target markets for your mosquito service can vary from your usual targets. Remember to adapt your pitch to each market to make your offerings more personable and better address the needs of each target.
Bobby Kossowicz is a content creator for the Catchmaster® brand, learn more here: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/bobby-kossowicz/
Get more content like this daily when you follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/catchmasterPRO/
Sign up for our mailing list here: https://catchmasterpro.com/join-email/
Learn more about mosquitoes from the National Pest Management Association here: https://www.pestworld.org/pest-guide/mosquitoes/
Finally, discover more about the Catchmaster® brand’s mosquito management tools here: https://catchmasterpro.com/collection/mosquito-management-tools/