Protecting your pet from pests may not always be top of mind. Sure, keeping pests away from your pet will give him a better quality of life; but it can also protect his or her life. Some pests like ticks, scorpions and poisonous spiders, to name just a few, can pose a serious threat to your pet. Here are 5 outdoor pet protection tips.
5 Outdoor Pet Protection Tips
- Maintain Your Outdoor Space. Big or small your lawn and garden areas should be cut regularly and kept clear of debris. Seasonal lawn cleanups are essential to remove leaf litter, twigs and other plant material that may attract pests to the area.
- Treat Your Lawn. Despite your best efforts, ticks, mosquitoes and even fleas can infiltrate your outdoor space. Talk to your landscaper about a safe lawn treatment to keep these pests at bay.
- Treat Your Pet. Speak with a trusted veterinarian on the best flea and tick treatment for your pet. Be sure to set calendar reminders to ensure you never miss a dose.
- Regularly Inspect Your Pet. Be sure to closely examine your pet after hikes, walks and time spent outdoors. Despite your best efforts and prescription treatments, your pet can still come into contact with fleas, ticks and other pests.
- Monitor Your Home. Don’t let your guard down on pests just because most time is spent inside of the home. Fleas, ticks, scorpions, spiders and other pests can easily infest a home and latch onto your pet while indoors. Glue boards offer an extra layer of protection to alert you early on to an indoor pest infestation. Use them near your pet’s sleeping area but always safely out of reach of your pet.
Trust the Experts
If you discover a pest problem in your home or on your pet work closely with your veterinarian and pest management professional for a safe solution.
Learn more about Catchmaster® insect glue boards and monitors here: https://catchmasterpro.com/product/insect-traps-monitors/
Learn more about your pest management from the National Pest Management Association here: https://npmapestworld.org/
Bobby Kossowicz is a content creator for the Catchmaster® brand, learn more here: https://catchmasterpro.com/blog/bobby-kossowicz/